To all those aspiring drummers around who want to start their drumming journey or want to achieve excellence in their skills does not need to worry about the massive cost of a drum set. Many drummers fail to pursue this hobby of drumming just because they end up afraid of it costing too much.
They should be relieved now. Drumming is not an expensive hobby anymore, you no longer need to spend thousands of dollars. You can easily pursue your interest by opt-in for cheap drum sets. This is all you need, so be sure to keep reading.
But finding the best drum set at a reasonable price can be an extremely challenging activity.
There are a plethora of drum sets available in the market, which makes it difficult for you to select the best and cheap ones for yourself.
Before you land in the market and find yourself confused about finding a cheap drum set for yourself, we have highlighted here some of the best drum sets that are cheap, to help you make the right choice.
We have mentioned cheap drum sets for adults as well as kids so that the spark of music within you does not extinguish.
Now, when we say ‘cheap drum sets,’ it does not mean that it will be of poor quality.
The drum sets mentioned below will give you the maximum, and are the best cheap drum sets you can find for that price. So let us inspect these cheap drum sets closely.
- PORTABLE AND PROFESSIONAL DRUM: Includes 1 SNARE, 3 TOMS , 1 CRASH, 1 RIDE, 1 HI-HAT; 2 Foot Pedals play sound of Bass Drum; 5 Timbres; 8 DEMO Songs; 3 Rhythms
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: This drum is powered by a 2400mAh rechargeable battery, up to 10 hours playtime per charge, You will be able to take it with you anytime anywhere even play outside
- EARPHONE JACK: By wearing a set of headphones while you play you can be as quiet as a church mouse while rocking out like you're playing Madison Square Garden. Not only do they make practice quieter, but electronic drums also make practicing more efficient, perfet for privite practice or late night playing
- BUILT-IN SPEAKER: High-quality built-in dual speakers bring you astonishing bass effect, no need to connect with other speakers
- PLAY GAMES: Standard midi out jack (5 pin jack) and USB midi out jack, you can connect the drum to computers to produce music or play games
- Recommended age group: 3 to 6 years old
- 8" x 13" Bass drum with 4 lugs with bass drum pedal
- 6"x 8" Mounted tom with 4 lugs and 4"x 10 " Mounted snare with 4 lugs
- 8" Cymbal with cymbal arm
- Includes: a pair of wood drum sticks, padded drum throne, and easy to read set up instructions (assembly is required)
Best Cheap Drum Kit
🏆 Gammon Drum Set 🏆
Gammon Percussion provides you with a complete package at the lowest price.
It is really cheap drum set. It is the right drum pack for your kid if he/she wants to take up his/her drumming journey. This cheap drum set comes in four available colors, which are black, blue, pink, and red, so that you can easily lure your child towards drumming.
Furthermore, the presence of four colors makes it easy for you to select according to the interior of your studio or practicing place.
The drums are made up of real wood shell pack that enable them to endure the rough and tough strokes of kids. These wooden drums look extremely attractive because of the high glossy finish around them.
Hardware and features
The drum pack comprises a 16” bass drum, a snare drum, and a snare stand.
The presence of mounted cymbals and hi-hat cymbals provides you with the liberty to strengthen your foundations and let you have the experience to try a variety of forms.
Additionally, two floor tom drums, along with bass pedals, are also present.
Moreover, the set consists of drumsticks, drum pedals, and a flexible tool.
The presence of an adjustable stool makes it easy for you to customize it according to the height of your child. Kids within an age bracket of 3-8 can conveniently use it until they reach a professional level of drumming.
- Adjustable drum stool
- A complete, yet cheap drum sets
- Good acoustics according to children
- It sound great
- Surely it’s one of the best cheap drum sets.
- Low-quality cymbals
Cheapest Drum Set for Kids
Surprise your child this birthday by giving a real drum set on his/her birthday. This will not only make your kid happy but will increase his creativity as well. We have mentioned the cheapest drum set you can get for your kid.
🏆 Mendini By Cecilio Drum Kit 🏆
This Junior drum kit by Mendini is a perfect package which you only have to set and start playing.
It is a great set for your junior kid to explore his interest in drumming. The drum set is made up of sturdy material that means it will be a reliable companion for your younger one.
The material is durable and cannot be easily broken due to the rough behavior of kids.
The piece set comes in six attractive colors so that you have a variety of shades to choose from.
The colors are Metallic Blue, Metallic Bright Red, Metallic Wine Red, Metallic Black, Metallic Green, and Metallic Silver.
Hardware and Features
The drum set consists of a 16″ x 11″ bass drum with a chain-driven pedal.
A pair of floor tom, matching snare drums and a floor tom.
It consists of a hi-hat withstand, crash cymbal with a bass drum mounted stand.
A couple of wooden drumsticks is present so that you can create your favorite tunes.
The padded drum throne available and included in the pack makes your posture comfortable during long sessions of practicing.
Additionally, the drum throne is height adjustable.
That makes it easier for you to adjust it according to the growing kid and you do not have to worry about buying a separate stool.
An instruction manual is also included so that you can easily set up your drum set, by reading everything you need to know.
The drum set is suitable for kids having a height from 3ft to 5ft.
- Most instruments are height adjustable
- Easy to assemble
- Floor Toms and snare drum deliver great sound quality
- Backed by a single year warranty
- It sound great
- Overall, it’s one of the best cheap drum sets.
- Cymbals and kick drum produce low-quality sound
Cheapest Electronic Kit for Adults
Electronic drum kits have flooded the market in the last two decades. You might find it challenging to get a cheap kit for yourself from the market. We have mentioned the cheapest electronic kit for adults.
🏆 Alesis Drums Nitro Mesh Kit 🏆
This all-black Nitro Mesh Kit looks classy and impressive.
It can go with all sorts of home décor or studio interiors.
Also, it is a complete 8-piece electronic drum set that features the advanced mesh head drum technology.
Alesis provides you quality with affordability.
Hardware and Features
It comes with a 5-piece cheap kit with three cymbals pad.
Four out of five drumheads have mesh technology.
These mesh heads are tunable, which means you can adjust its rebound and sensitivity.
This gives you the liberty to adapt the whole setting according to your taste.
An 8” dual-trigger snare and three single-zone tom pads are also present.
Dual-zone means that you will get an active response by playing on both the drumhead and the rim.
Although they are not large, you can still play them conveniently.
The cymbal section comprises three pads, which are crash cymbal with choke, hi-hat, and ride cymbal, presenting a diameter of 10 inches.
The set accompanies drumsticks along with a bass pedal drum. The bass pedal drum is better than the footswitch kick that is present in typical kits.
The Nitro Mesh kit has a sturdy drum rack, which is made of aluminum and is lightweight.
You can conveniently mount all the instruments and adjust them according to your posture.
This kit features ready-made core sound, which you can pair up with any of your tracks.
There are 385 sounds along with 40 built-in tracks that can heat your performance quickly.
This drum set has 60 play-along backing tracks, which is a considerable aid for amateur drummers.
These tracks belong to various genres, from jazz to rock and pop to Latin, blues, etc.
The tempo button assists you in controlling the speed of backing tracks.
You can play any other tune as a backing track by using the built-in AUX input.
The drum kit also provides you with the option to record your playing.
USB MIDI connectivity enables you to connect to any PC or Mac for using it as a controlling device.
This feature gives you the chance to explore your potential and expand your performance level truly.
Furthermore, the presence of a backlit LCD screen enables you to navigate through the menu and sound banks.
- Tunable Mesh heads
- Decent drum module
- Dual-zone snare
- It sound great
- No doubt it’s one of the best cheap drum sets.
- Great variety of sound
- Pads are relatively small
- Rack adjustability, you will need to spend some time fixing it right.
Best Drum Set in Discounted Rate
What else do customers adore other than having discounts on their favorite percussion? After doing extensive research, we are bringing forth the best drum set you can get waiting for a discounted price.
🏆 GP Percussion GP50MRB 🏆
This junior kit is what you need for your younger darling, which provides real-time drumming experience, but it’s good for adults too.
This drum set is built on a smaller scale. It grants a hands-on experience to your younger darling by increasing their hand and leg coordination for playing drums.
It is a 3-piece drum set that comes with cymbals, stands, and drumsticks. This junior drum set comes in a shiny metallic blue color that is eye-catching.
The hardware comes with a 16 inches bass drum, 10 inches cymbals, a snare, a tom, and a bass drum pedal, drumsticks, drum key, and hi-hat are also present for providing you a really good sound.
The drum kit has a junior drum throne, so your child can easily enjoy and revel in his/her drumming experiences.
It grants you a complete drum kit, where everything you need to kickstart the drum is included, so you do not need to buy anything else separately.
The presence of a hi-hat makes this drum kit differentiates from others as most of the 3-piece drum sets do not have hi-hat cymbals included.
You can easily assemble the set by reading instructions on the manual, which will provide the the right steps to assembly your hardware.
- Durable hardware
- Attractive look
- It sound great, specially the cymbals
- For sure one of the best cheap drum sets.
- Some customers think that drumsticks are too short
Cheapest Drum Set Around
This drumset is the probably the most cheap in the market. It’s made for kids, but it’s OK for teenagers and adults too.
🏆 Glary 🏆
This cheap drum sets is ideal if you or your kid wants to rock. It produces a beautiful sound and helps towards attaining perfection. The whole set is made of metal, which makes it durable. The set can easily sustain the rough strokes of your passionate drumming.
It comes in a classical black color and occupies less space so that you can easily set it up in any corner of your house.
Hardware and Features
The 3-piece set comes with 13 inches bass drums, 8” x 6” and 10” x 4” tom toms, 8 inches cymbals, and four tuning lugs for a beautiful and good sound.
A pair of drumsticks, a pedal, and a screw wrench are available.
The set consists of a strap so that you can easily carry it around.
The snare drums are smaller than the usual ones you will find on other drum sets, so they can be adjusted anywhere.
The presence of a drum stool just completes the whole drum kit, and there is nothing that is missing.
A complete package with all this hardware within such a price attracts many consumers and it’s a great deal.
- Durable hardware
- A really cheap drum sets
- The kit include basically everything you need to start in the right way.
- It is a good kit.
- Low-quality cymbals
The Affordable Best Seller
Who would not like to have the best products to satiate the artistic fervor within them? We have mentioned the best-selling products which are affordable as well.
🏆 Ashthorpe 3-Piece 🏆
This is a marvelous set, which you can flaunt in front of everybody on the stage.
The drum is crafted by high-end materials that vouch for the durability of this set.
The premium materials such as genuine poplar hardwood shell pack and triple-flanged hoops enhance the response and resonance for the ultimate acoustic experience.
The drums are finished with a glossy layer that increases their aesthetic appeal.
The set comes in attractive four colors, which are black, blue, green, and silver.
The drum kit is compact, which implies that you can easily adjust it in any corner of your house.
Hardware and Features
The drum kit consists of 14” x 9” bass drums with an advanced chain-driven pedal, 10” x 5” mounted tom, and a pair of wooden drumsticks. It has 8” x 5” mounted snare with snare wires, 12” brass mounted crash/ride cymbal, and 10’’ hi-hat cymbals.
The set comes with a cushioned, padded, and adjustable tool so that you can set it according to your size.
Moreover, an adjustable key, along with an instruction manual accompanies the set.
You can conveniently assemble the whole kit by reading instructions.
Kids within a range of 3-8 years can kick start their journey and end up in perfecting their skills.
- High-quality hardware
- Compact shell pack
- Sturdy kit
- Easy to assemble
- Cheap drum sets
- The sound of the cymbals is good
- No cons found
Hardware of a Drum Kit
You must familiarize yourself with the essential hardware of a drumming kit. In this way you’ll make the right choice.
- Kick drum. The kick drum, also known as the bass drum, is the lowest pitched drum in the drum kit. It is the biggest drum that stands in the center of the kit and is played with a foot pedal. It provides rhythmic sound to the piece of music. It’s at the heart of every drums.
- Snare drum. It is the main drum in the set. It outlines the framework of the music piece and highlights the accent of the music.
- Drum kits can have one, two, or three toms. These toms can be suspended or mounted depending on your ease. They produce hollow sounds of various pitches according to the size of it.
- It produces the metallic soprano voices of the drum kit. A basic set includes crash cymbals, hi-hat cymbals, and ride cymbals.
- It refers to the stand and the rack on which you can mount your components and have a great playing session. This makes your kit playable.
How to Buy your First Drum Set?
Selecting a drum kit for yourself can be a daunting task. There are dozens of drum kits present in the market which can baffle a rookie. To ease out things for you, we have mentioned everything you need, ie. all the essential points you should check before buying a drum kit for yourself.
- Age. This is an essential factor to consider before buying a drum kit. You should be aware of who is going to practice and for what purpose. If you are indulging your kid in drumming, then you should look up for drum sets that are designed for kids. While buying for kids, keep their height in mind so that there is no discrepancy in their leg and hand coordination. Similarly, if you want to purchase it for an adult, then you should know his/her level and get the right kit for him/her accordingly. In this way, you will be hassle-free and would not need to worry about anything after buying.
- Number of Pieces. The number of pieces matters for advanced drummers as they experiment with various genres. For entry-level drummers, a 3-piece kit along with cymbals is enough. If you want to have a standard drum kit, then a 5-piece drum kit is your solution. In the beginning, you do not know about the functions of various instruments, so it’s better you take some time and make yourself familiar with them. Afterward, you can switch to advanced level drum sets. Of course, the kits will be more cheap if you pick a kit with less pieces.
- Quality. You should always check the quality of the acoustic drum kit before buying it for yourself. The material of the drum kit should be sturdy and durable. The wood of the drum shell pack plays a vital role in creating different sounds. Amateurs usually cannot distinguish between different sounds, so they should opt for a quality drum kit. Make sure that the hardware does not rattle and can last a considerable time.
- Space Dimensions. Always think practically before buying a drum kit. You should now be aware of the size of the place where you want to set up your drumming kit. If your drum set occupies a whole room and looks awkward in your studio, then it’s of no use to buy a larger drum kit. Get the dimensions of the place and buy a drum kit according to it. An ideal drum kit fits beautifully in your studio or the corner of your room.
- Look for All-Inclusive Kits. Many second-tier companies manufacture all-inclusive kits that are of great quality. A beginner should purchase an all-inclusive kit as it has all the essential components and saves you from buying every part separately. All-inclusive kits save your money as you get all the elements in a relatively cheaper amount. Many kits do not have cymbals or drum throne, so you should check this before buying the kit. Moreover, you always have the option to replace any component from the equipment if you are not satisfied with its quality.
- Price. Price is a decisive factor during shopping. Some drum kits have cost a whopping amount of money. As a beginner, you should not go for an expensive drum kit. Start your journey with a moderate or budget-friendly kit and then head towards expensive ones one you know how to use them efficiently.
back to menu ↑
Tips and Tricks for the Beginners
You are always anxious when you try something new. Your anxiousness is justified because it is in human nature to get afraid while interacting with something unfamiliar. While dealing with products, you do not become afraid but are worried about how to use them appropriately. We are mentioning a few tips which might help you as a beginner in your drumming journey.
- Drum sets for beginners do not have detailed assembling instructions. So, before assembling these drum sets, it’s better to watch some YouTube videos or consult an experienced person.
- No matter how expensive or branded your drum kit is, it has an expiry date. Your drum kit can last up to a certain time. So, do not be heartbroken when you see signs of deterioration.
- Put down some tape on your toms to make them long-lasting. In this way, you will achieve precision and will be able to save the skin of the drum from wearing out quickly. Try to find the point which produces the best sound and put down tape on it.
- Cymbals are the most delicate part of the whole drum kit. You should take extra care of them. If you are hitting them gently, then you do not need to worry. However, you need to be extra cautious while removing them and putting them into storage. Dropping or banging will instantly break them.
- Practice makes a man perfect, so you have to practice patience while you can produce a satiating track. Do not start blaming your drumming kit since beginners take time to get the helm of things.
How Much Does a Cheap Drum Set?
Drum kits can significantly vary in terms of their price due to various materials, sizes, types, sound, material, and the brand.
They can range from a mere $50 to $10,000.
A junior drum kit is an essential sort of gear that does not have any extra components, so are cheap.
As you begin your drumming journey on a strict budget, then you can get a good junior cheap drum sets within a range of $50 to $200.
Intermediate drum kits usually have a five or 6-piece configuration.
This is for people who are familiar with the art of drumming and now want to excel. An intermediate drum kit falls within a range of $500 to $1500.
The best cheap drum kits are designed in a way so that they can be carried anywhere during traveling.
You can purchase a professional drum kit within a range of $3,000 to $10,000. The price varies according to the sound quality and instruments.back to menu ↑
How much is a cheap drum set?
A group of percussion instruments arranged together to be played by the people are regarded as the drum kits.
A basic acoustic drum kit consists of shell packs, various cymbals, and hardware included.
You always have the liberty to add the right accessories and the right extensions to increase the performativity of your drum kit.
The price of the most basic and cheap drum sets varies according to the level for which you are buying and what you need.
You can get a basic drum kit within a price range of $50 to $1000.back to menu ↑
How can I get a cheap drum set?
It is not difficult for you to get a cheap drum set now since we have already mentioned the best cheap kits in this guide.
You can easily step into your nearby shop and ask for your required model. Make sure to check everything is good before buying.
If you are confused among some brands, then a courteous shopkeeper would allow you to try and then choose for yourself.
Just know that the Gammon, Mendini, Alesis, GP, Ashthorpe, Glary and Pearl usually provide cheap, yet good drum kits.
However, if you find this process cumbersome, then you can look up for these models online.
You can easily judge a product’s worth through its reviews and select for yourself efficiently.
Always beware of scammers and try to buy a cheap drum set for yourself from a reliable online store so that it can accommodate you in case of any inconvenience.back to menu ↑
What drums are best for beginners?
All the products which we have mentioned in this guide are not only cheap but of high quality also.
The low cost does not undermine quality at all.
However, if you think which drums are the best for beginners, then we would suggest you purchase Gammon Percussion Junior Drum Set.
It is a complete package with everything you need included, and both are pretty good and sound great.
The 5-piece acoustic drum kit acquaints the beginners from scratch, so they do not have difficulty while transitioning to a higher level of a drum kit.
It is sturdy enough to endure the rough strokes of business. Additionally, it is cheap, which is a plus point.
Another popular, cheap kit that we didn’t include here is the Pearl Roadshow.
You probably have already heard of Pearl; it is one of the most known brands in the industry.
This kit is good and it sound great, the only reason why we didn’t include the Pearl Roadshow in this list is that it’s more expensive than the other we listed.
But it is the right choice if spending more is not a problem. Here you can read our in-depth review of the Pearl Roadshow.back to menu ↑
There are numerous cheap drums set available that vary in terms of their material, size, number of components, and hardware included.
There is another category of drums that is an electronic drum kit that serves as a substitute for traditional percussion instruments.
One may simply get baffled due to such a massive variety of drum kits present in the market.
However, we have eased out things in this guide by picking the best cheap drum sets you can find online, and telling you everything we know.
This guide has focused and included the best cheap drum sets, so you don’t have to give up your interest in drumming just because of the cost.
The products mentioned in this guide are some of the cheapest drum sets available which do not compromise on quality.
You get high-quality products at a minimal price.
Now, the ball is in your court to decide which one is the best kit for yourself.