Music is supposedly the best part of our lives. Indeed, music exists everywhere around us. There are many musical instruments which have been invented and used around the world. One of the best musical instruments is the drum set.
It consists of various types of drums, which can be played in multiple ways. Drums have been put to use around the world in several formats and types of music. Hence, the accessories they need have become very popular, and their demand is increasing day by day. One of them is the best hi hat stand.
Top 5 Best Hi Hat Stand Available in the Market
From the full range of the hi-hat stands, you can choose the best one by taking the help of the reviews given below.
🏆 DW DW9500 🏆
A good hi-hat stand is characterized by its smooth functioning and quality of the material used in making it. This hi-hat stand is excellent for drummers as it is user-friendly and straightforward to adjust. The pedals and the cymbals are coordinated using the 9500’s chain drive. Also, it has an extended footboard for better functioning. This model has double-breasted legs. The hinges of this hi-hat stand have great quality ball-bearings for smoother operation.
Dimensions: 33.5*8.5*8.5 inches
Weight: 14.85 pounds
- It has an extended footboard for added comfort.
- The hinges of ball bearings since they provide smooth functioning
- It also has a lateral cymbal seat.
- The angle of the bottom cymbal can be adjusted.
- It is a bit difficult to tighten the screw on the central pipe and stabilize it.
🏆 DW Drum Workshop CP5500TD 5000 🏆
This hi-hat stand is a great option for drummers as it gives excellent functioning. It delivers the best and optimal performance for years together. The pedals have a folding plate, which is an exquisite feature of this model. The adjustment of the attributes of this hi-hat stand is based on the Techlock tension adjustment design. Also, for the locking system of any of the parts of the position, there are integrated memory locks and a 379 locking clutch.
Product dimensions: 33 x 7 x 7 inches
Item weight: 8 pounds
🏆 Tama Iron Cobra 605 🏆
This hi-hat stand has many advanced features, including stability and durability. Also, the cost of the entire equipment is relatively low, which becomes a plus point for this stand. The diameter of the base pipe is 28.6mm, which offers sturdiness and stability to the entire system. The legs are double-breasted, and they give reliability and durability.
Product specifications: 2 x 5.7 x 5.1 inches
Item weight: 8.42 pounds
- The hi-hat seat has a spring base which makes it more comfortable for use.
- The clutch of this stand has a swing-lock.
- The tension settings of this hi-hat stand have six permutations and combinations.
- The base of this hi-hat stand can swivel easily.
- The height of the central rod cannot be reduced to a great extent.
🏆 Gibraltar 9707NL-DP 🏆
This hi-hat stand is an excellent option for any kit you want to play. The Gibraltar hardware can synchronize with any drum set you have, and it is one of the most significant advantages of this set. There is a simple direct pull for better action. There is no leg base in this structure; however, there is a classic flat base design. There is an additional step tension spring adjustment mechanism.
Dimensions: 6 x 5.5 x 6.3 inches
Weight: 8.95 pounds
🏆 Gibraltar 4707 Double Braced 🏆
The Gibraltar hi-hat stand is a sturdy and resilient option for drummers. It is secure and can be synchronized with any drum set you wish to use. Gibraltar gives you loads of options for choosing the best hi-hat stand for yourself. One of these options is the Gibraltar 4707 Double Braced Lightweight Hi-Hat Stand. It has many attractive features like low mass and the all-new G-style design of the pedalboard.
Dimensions: 26 x 5.12 x 4.72 inches
Weight: 6.64 pounds
- There are nylon inserts present in the joints of this structure for no metal to metal contact.
- The height adjustment mechanism has a smooth hinges for better functioning.
- The structure is light in weight, and hence, it is portable.
- The construction of this hi-hat stand is double-braced.
- Assembling this setup can be a bit tedious.
What Is A Hi-Hat Stand?
A hi-hat stand can be used to put up the drums of a drum. It is an integral part of the regular drum kit, used in various genres of music like pop, rock, blues, and jazz. The two main components of a hi-hat stand are the cymbals and the pedal.
There are a couple of cymbals mounted on a metal stand. The top cymbal is moved towards the bottom cymbal when the clutch is depressed. The bottom pedal is fixed and stationary.
However, it can be adjusted and titled using the adjustment screw given on the perpendicularly located steel rod. There are two types of notes that can be played using the hi-hat. One is the closed hi-hat and the open hi-hat. The closed hi-hat is when the two cymbals are close to each other, and when they are far apart from each other, it is called the open cymbal set.
The pedal hi-hat is the one in which all the notes are played solely using the feet, whereas the high hat stand can be played with the hands. The placements of the cymbals, which are facilitated by the distance between them, offer a wide array of sounds. The sounds range from a crisp and short percussive sound to a snappy and sharp sound.back to menu ↑
Why Does One Need A Hi-Hat Stand?
There are many advantages of a hi-hat stand that make playing the drums more relaxed and better. Here is a list of the positive points about a hi-hat stand that would make one need them even more.
- Adjustability: The height and other attributes of the hi-hat stand are adjustable. That makes it better for a drummer to play it. If the drummer’s way and position are not right, the player may face difficulties while using it. It can cause stress to the drummer, which may form a horrible experience for him/her.
- Excellent responsiveness: Its responsiveness can best measure the quality of any musical instrument. If the notes get played very quickly and without much effort, that instrument is undoubtedly a great one. The hi-hat stands are very responsive, and this makes their functioning smoother and better.
- Cost-effective: Although many musical instruments cost very slowly, the hi-hat stands are available in a wide range of prices. The positions are open at lower prices at great choices as well. Even if some of them lack some basic features, they guarantee a wholesome experience. Also, the simpler the elements, the better and easier it is for their work.
- Stability and sturdiness: We need all the pieces of equipment to be sturdy and robust. They are mostly determined by the material that goes into making them. The hi-hat stands are generally made from iron or steel. Iron is strong and sturdy. But, it has a threat of rusting. In this case, stainless steel is a far better option. It does not rust and is easy to use. Also, it requires quite less maintenance.
- Portability: We come across many musical instruments that are fabulous to play and hear, but the only difficulty in using them is that they are very bulky. If they are hard to carry around, it becomes increasingly difficult to use them. But, most of the hi-hat stands are exceptions to this as they are made from lightweight materials. Materials like steel are resilient and lightweight, both at once. This enables portability in the entire system.
- Quality of the parts: A hi-hat stand has many parts, and they have their unique features. Each piece adds something to the overall working of the system. If these parts, individually, are not of excellent quality, they can pose a threat to the overall operation of the stand. But, in most cases of hi-hat stands, these individual parts are also paid attention to. They are made from materials of high quality. The springs need to be of excellent material for them to hold tension. This feature is available in most of the hi-hat stands.
How to Set Up a Hi-Hat Stand?
It is a pretty simple process, and one can set a hi-hat stand up very quickly. If one follows all the instructions carefully, it is easy to do. Given below is a guide to set up a hi-hat stand.
- The T-bolt of the stand should be loosened, and the legs should be opened and sprawled open.
- Then, the rod needs to be screwed tightly. The clutch should also be attached to the rod and then screwed tight.
- Now, it’s time to assemble the cymbals. The bottom cymbal should be put up first. The washer goes on first and then the washer.
- The cymbal seat of the bottom cymbal is generally thick and heavier. The cymbal should be slid onto this seat.
- With the top cymbal, one needs to attach two nuts to the clutch. The flanges should be positioned away from each other. The tight nut should go after the cymbal, and then the smaller felt.
- Then, the cymbals need to be positioned in terms of the distance between them. Once they are in the right positions, the T-bolt should be tightened.
- The upper tube of the bolt enables adjustment of the height. The pedal can be pushed up or down according to the convenience of the user.
- Now, the hi hat withstand is ready for use. You can move the stand around in the room and orient it according to other instruments you may need.
Buying the right hi-hat stand is a need of every drummer. Here are all the details you need about the best hi hat stand. Also, there are reviews of the top 5 hi-hat stands in the market, which can help you choose the best one. You can also read about the features and advantages of the best hi-hats from here.